Sunday, November 9, 2014

Since I posted last on Tuesday, I drove down to Des Moines and spent two amazing, fun-filled days with you, drove back, worked, and barely made it home to my dog before collapsing into a heap of exhaustion.


When I woke up Wednesday morning, I could barely contain my excitement.  I had to constantly remind myself that I had a meeting and work to get through and homework and packing to finish.  The meeting ran 45 minutes long (as I already told you), and I couldn't help but start to get nervous, because I only had a two hour window to shower, get ready, and pack the car.  When I got to work, I couldn't help but have a goofy grin on my face, because I knew I was SO close to leaving to come see you.  At 6:00pm, my work bag was packed, my computer was shut off, and all my things were ready to go.  When the clock hit 6:30pm, I closed my office and walked as fast as I could out of the building, with a steely gaze on my face.  Even if an athlete had seen me, there's no way they'd have stopped me.  I was determined!


Thankfully, the drive went faster than I thought it would--but the last 100 miles to Des Moines were excruciating!  The signs listed the mileage to DM every few miles and all I could think was how badly I wanted to just be there with you already... 


The funny thing is... I got really nervous when I first got out of the car to see you, and then I saw you walking towards me and I had crazy butterflies in my stomach and I was so excited that I couldn't help but start to laugh!  I've never felt the things I did when you hugged me and held me; it was so amazing for a greeting :)


I don't know that I've ever had so much fun on a trip, but I do know that it went far too fast for my liking.  I could've stayed in that hotel room with you for another week and still feel like it wasn't enough time.  So, thank YOU for making it such a great time!


On Friday, after your mom and grandparents left, I had to remind myself to stay in the moment, because I just kept thinking that I only had so many hours left with you... which would make me want to cry.  I had to fight back tears at the hockey game and again back at the hotel.  I wanted it to be a fun, light-hearted night, and not cry for you again, which I failed at.  Your patience and your hugs made it so much more bearable, and when we finally said goodbye, seeing you standing at the door of the hotel was so comforting and so sad at the same time.  I cried so hard driving out of Des Moines, but at the same time, I felt so happy knowing what a difference you've made in my life.  So instead of thinking that I've been apart from you for so many days, I'm just looking forward to the next time I get to see you.  Every day that goes by without you is just one day closer to being with you again! 


You said, "Love will find a way."  I said, "I do love you!"  And I mean it.  I love you with my whole heart and I honestly can't imagine another day without you in my life.  I love you, Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment