Friday, November 28, 2014

On Tuesday, I got a text message at about 11pm from the women's basketball coach that practice had been canceled for 5am Wednesday morning.  Thankfully, I'd already found out from others that practice wouldn't be happening, but this also led to trouble: two other athletic trainers and I went out for dinner and drinks, which got slightly out of hand.  I'm usually pretty good when I go out, but for some reason I just couldn't handle my alcohol.  (Maybe the fact that I've barely had a drink since football started??)  Anyway, I'm glad these two were friends of mine, because they brought me home, gave me some ibuprofen and water, and called it a night.

Thanksgiving was great!  I love going home to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and most of all, my brother and dad.  Just getting to hang out for a few hours uninterrupted with my dad is so awesome!  I think he can get kinda lonely at home all by himself sometimes, but I just love hanging out with him.

Today, I came back to Fargo to drop off my brother's dog with him and to spend more time with my cousins.  My 'little' cousin Jonathan (he's two years younger than me, but 6'8" tall) was home, and this is the first time I've seen him since before he deployed to Afghanistan.  All of my cousin's babies were there too, aged 5, 4, 3, and 1, so I had plenty of kid time!  I am the 'magic' worker of my cousins when it comes to kids: usually they pawn their children off on me because I have so much fun with them.  When I got to my cousin's house, Anistain, the 5 year old girl, was asleep in a bedroom.  When my aunt went to check on her, she told her that I had just shown up, and sure enough, Anistain came flying out of the bedroom and into my arms!  Tomorrow, I am heading back after work to see my cousins one last time before Jonathan departs to Fort Riley again.  (Yay for hockey Saturdays!)

I miss you, and love you.  Seeing your face for Thanksgiving was a great gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment