Monday, November 24, 2014

It was quite a weekend!  I went to the Hunger Games Mockingjay: Part 1 on Friday night and it was SUCH a good movie!!  I usually don't like movie theatres that much, especially because I don't think many movies are worth $10 for one viewing, but it was SO worth it.  Before I knew it, two and a half hours were up and the final credits were rolling.  Of course that meant I was upset because now I have to wait another year for the final installment! GRRRRRR!!! 


After the movie, I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking about this awesome movie, and then I was scared that I wouldn't wake up in time for the wrestling open, so I got about two hours of sleep before I was up and drinking my gallon of coffee for the day, haha.  The crappy thing about wrestling is that you get there at the butt crack of dawn for weigh-ins and skin checks, then you sit around for two or three hours before the open actually starts.  Once it finally started, it wasn't so bad, especially since there were a ton of Division I wrestlers there, meaning good competition.  It actually went really fast, and I was a little sad to leave before it was over. 


The wedding was SO fun that night too!  Dawn, the bride, and I were inseparable for many, many years after high school, and though we aren't as close as we once were, it was so easy to pick up right where we left off.  She was a gorgeous bride and the ceremony was probably one of the most beautiful I've ever been to.  After dinner, Liz, Joel and I wanted to get drinks, but none of us brought cash so we asked where the closest ATM was... The server told us it was about 5 miles down the road.  Ugh.  So we hopped in my car and drove down there quick.  When we got back, we all ordered a beer, and were handed cups and thanked.  The beer was complimentary....hahah.  What a bunch of fools we are :) 


They had a great photo booth at the wedding, so Dawn, Aaron (the groom), Liz, Joel, and I went in and spent probably 15 minutes in there--until the photographer whipped open the curtain and loudly exclaimed, "WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?!  There's a huge line...." (and then upon spotting the bride and groom) ".... oh, sorry!  Never mind!" and shut the curtain again.  Of course we were laughing so hard, then felt bad, so we got out, but we had about 8 hilarious photo strips by that time.  They also had a pretty awesome s'mores bar and cupcakes that tasted much like the ones we had in Des Moines. 


On Sunday, it was so nice to hang out with my dad for a while and just chat.  I don't often get him to myself without something going on.  He had been busy putting his new plow on the 4wheeler for the winter that morning, so of course he had to show me 'how cool' it was... haha.  Anyway, I'll stop rambling for now.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment