Thursday, November 13, 2014

I've realized that my posts have been a lot of self-pity and that has to stop.  I know that you're having a worse time than I am, because you're the one whose life has been uprooted.  I know that you'd rather be here, not just because of me, but because of your own freedoms, your job, Pants, your house, your friends and family.  So, enough is enough.  I'm not saying there won't be days that I feel bad for myself or that I won't have a difficult time with this, but I'm not going to let it hurt US.  I know that this is going to be SO worth it in the end to have you back in my arms and maybe that's why we're put in this situation.  Maybe this was part of the 'plan', because I do believe that we are tested for reasons we may not know at the time.  I think many things happen for a reason, and I think we were meant to meet, have this strong connection, and then be separated.  And now, I'm okay with it.  We're going to be okay, and I'm going to stop making it so hard for you.


Today, I finished an eight page paper that was due.... that I started this morning!  I really could be a professional procrastinator!  The paper was an annotated bibliography, which is basically each paper broken down into bullet points which will be used for my thesis.  I've decided on a thesis topic too, which is extraordinary!!  I will be doing research on an attachment for an electrical stimulation unit that does instrument assisted massage, called the ThermoStim.  I used it during fall camp on some football players' hamstring strains and had amazing results with it, so I decided to do more with it.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted finally, after deciding this. 


Work was pretty common place, but I did get pulled aside by the men's basketball coach who thanked me for doing such a great job with the team and told me that the guys just 'love me'.  That was nice to hear!  Often times, coaches don't realize how much we're doing for their team, so it's nice when they take the time to acknowledge what's happening. 


My classmates all went out to some bar downtown, but I just couldn't muster the strength to hit up DT just yet.  I was starving however, so I met a friend at Bdubs for wings and a Stella :)  When I got home, Patrick was more than ready for some cuddle time, so we're all bundled up in my bed with some blankets and lots of extra pillows! 


Sweet dreams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment