Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I haven't been sleeping well.  I seem to be waking up every so often and having troubles falling asleep.  This isn't good, because I'm a girl who LOVES her sleep.  I know this will pass, and I know it's just because I'm adjusting to you being gone now.  But I'm ready for this part to be over.  What do they call this stage?  That whole deployment packet made it more understandable about what I (and you) will being going through emotionally, but that doesn't mean it's any easier!  If someone had told me about this before you left, I'd have thought they were full of crap.  (We're currently in the 'goodbye' phase yet, since 'stabilization' hasn't occurred yet, since you're stuck on the east coast doing stupid shit before you leave.)  It's hard to believe that I've barely known you a month and yet I feel like such a huge part of me is gone with you.  Instead, I keep myself busy thinking about what we can do when you get home, how good it's going to feel to pick you up at the airport in Fargo, and checking Pinterest for awesome care package and homecoming ideas! 


I know I've said it a lot, but I am incredibly proud of you.  You're an amazing, kind, humorous person and I am so lucky to have you.  I love your wit and your charm.  I love looking into your eyes and getting your kisses on my forehead, cheeks, and lips.  I often think about how hard you hugged me before I left Des Moines and it makes me smile from ear to ear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment