Thursday, October 30, 2014

Remember the saying I was trying to come up with?

"The days are long, but the years are short."

I have no doubt that, at the end of this 9 or 10 or 13 month long deployment, I will be standing at the airport, waiting for the first glimpse of my soldier. I will be crying and laughing and will hug you so tightly and kiss you so much.

But I'm really scared for the days ahead that seem never ending. The weeks that stretch on and on. I'm scared for the days that I think, "I only met you three weeks before deployment; are we crazy for trying this?" I don't much believe in astrology, but the one thing I desperately believe about my Aquarian self is the need for positivity. When I become overwhelmed, I tend to try every trick to stay positive, and if I can't, I withdraw completely until I can gain balance again. I'm afraid of withdrawing from you, because I can't. I already can't imagine a day without you.

But, alas. I keep my eyes on that distant day when you're flying into Fargo again. I can already feel the butterflies and happiness that that day will give me. My, the way you've changed my world with only a smirk and chivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment